The Writers Initiative will showcase short stories or extracts – by up and coming or established writers. We are open to all styles and genres, but please keep them fairly family-friendly, as stories here are posted online for anyone to read. Before you submit please make sure you have proofread and formatted your work so it is ready to post. Ideally, the story will make us laugh, cry, shudder or think – if it does all we may well be left in awe!
The Writers Initiative is presently not accepting new submissions, but please visit again soon for further updates.
- Written work entered must be 75 words minimum and 750 maximum.
- It must be a stand-alone single piece of work and should not be an extract from a large piece. It can be prose or poetry.
- This quarterly competition is running from Oct 1st to Dec 31st 2021. Final Submissions for this Quarter will be Dec 31st 2021.
- There will be one winner chosen from the entries and a prize of £25 GBP will be paid.
- It will be posted into the fiction section of the website and shared on our social channels.
- The copyright of the work remains with you. It must be your own original work, but we do allow for it to have been published by other websites or publications.
- To Enter the competition please use the submission form below
- Writing should be submitted either by PDF or Word files. Files should be no larger than 2mb. The judges’ decision is final. It must be an original piece of work that you own the copyright to. Open to UK and Worldwide entries. Payment will be made via PayPal. The exchange will be set by the exchange rate provided by Paypal at the time of the transaction. No alternative prize is available.