– In this meetup, you will be taken through the process of setting up your own free WordPress website.
– This process will be using wordpress.com and will cover the setup of a simple website including a homepage, contact and blog page.
– This online workshop is suitable for those who have never used WordPress before or would consider themselves at a beginner level.
– This workshop will take place over Skype.
– I will send you my skype address once you have signed up, or please contact me directly through meet-up for my skype address.
– You will not need any coding skills for this workshop.
It goes without saying that in the modern-day world a huge amount of communication and information is provided from the internet and accessed through mobile devices and desktop PCs.
By staking a space for yourself online you are creating a central point for where you can share and display your work. And also where you can promote your work and potentially build a community.
This will be a short 2-hour course and by the end of it, you will have a WordPress.com website and will have the basic knowledge to be able to go on and build similar WordPress.com sites.
1.1 The difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
1.2 Creating a clear vision for your website.
1.3 Listing the key requirements and prioritising.
2. Sourcing design assets and images.
3. Stage 1:
3.1 Setting up the site.
3.2 Choosing a template to start with.
4. Stage 2:
4.1 Initial configuration.
4.2 Adding pages.
4.3 Adding posts.
4.4 Adding a Menu and Customisation.
5. An Agile approach: Don’t aim to be perfect! Some of the best feedback you’ll get is when the site is live.