A CENTRAL HUB FOR YOUR WORK
- In this course, you will be introduced to WordPress and will be taken through the process of setting up your own free WordPress website.
- This process will be using wordpress.com and will cover the setup of a simple website including a homepage, contact and blog page.
- This course can be taken by online or face to face, and is suitable for those who have never used WordPress before or would consider themselves at a beginner level.
- By the end of the workshop, you will have a free wordpress.com website setup.
WHO’S IT FOR?
- Anyone who does not yet have a website and wants to start with a simple, but effective online hub for their work.
- This course is suitable for those that have no experience with WordPress or are at a beginners level.
- You do not need to have any coding skills for this course.
It goes without saying that in the modern-day world a huge amount of communication and information is provided from the internet and accessed through mobile devices and desktop PCs.
By staking a space for yourself online you are creating a central point for where you can share and display your work. And also where you can promote your work and potentially build a community.
This will be a 2-3 hour course and by the end of it, you will have a WordPress.com website and will have the knowledge to be able to go on and build similar WordPress.com website.
1.1 The difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
1.2 Creating a clear vision for your website.
1.3 Listing the key requirements and prioritising.
2. Sourcing design assets and images.
3. Stage 1:
3.1 Setting up the site.
3.2 Choosing a template to start with.
4. Stage 2:
4.1 Initial configuration.
4.2 Adding pages.
4.3 Adding posts.
4.4 Adding a Menu and Customisation.
5. An Agile approach: Don’t aim to be perfect! Some of the best feedback you’ll get is when the site is live.
- This will be a 2 to 3 hour course and by the end of it, you will have a WordPress.com website and will have the knowledge to be able to go on and build similar WordPress.com sites.
- There is standard flat rate of £150 for this course.
- If you would like a course catered more to your requirements please get in touch via the contact form.
FIND OUT MORE:
- Please use the contact form below to make an enquiry for this course.